Visits:401 Today: 6
I just watched your PREPARATION DVD and it was very helpful. My question is about using canvas panels. Am I correct in that it is NOT RECOMMENDED to use for wet-on-wet painting. Should I use them for paintings in which I do not use any mediums. They are double primed. Thanks, Ed.
I personally don’t like canvas boards because
- Medium White, Medium Clear and Medium Black do not behave naturally on these surfaces.
- Paintings do not dry quick enough for me on these panels.
- The boards even slow down the drying action of fast drying mediums.
- Their feel is not natural to canvas surface.
- Sometimes they warp when they dry.
- For practice surfaces, I do recommend taping canvas paper to a canvas. This is also much less expensive than canvas boards or panels.